MP3 vs WMA
eAudiobooks are available in 2 different formats: MP3 and WMA.
- Compatible with most devices, including Mac and Windows computers
- Can be transferred to iPod or other compatible music players
- Can be downloaded directly to mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) using the OverDrive Media Console app
- Compatible with just Windows computers
- Can be transferred to an iPod or other compatible music player
Find & Download audioBooks to Your Computer
- In your browser, search for eAudiobooks through the Library2Go website.
- When you find a book, click on its cover and then “Borrow.”
- If you’re not already logged in, enter your library name and library card number.
- To download eAudiobooks to your computer, you’ll first need to download the OverDrive Desktop App (you only need to download this once).
- Then, from your OverDrive bookshelf, click “Download.” If offered a choice, select “MP3 Audiobook” and then click “Confirm and Download.” Choose to open the file with Overdrive Media Console. Click “okay” or “yes” to any pop-ups that may appear.
*Please note that the eAudiobook collection is hosted on a Third Party website with its own set of privacy policies.
Find out more:
- About the Service
- Compatible Devices
- Finding and Borrowing Items & Placing Holds