If you didn’t find the item you want you want in our catalogue, first try expanding your search.
- In the search box next to Library, simply scroll to the top of the list & change ‘Smithers‘ to ‘BC Interlibrary Connect‘. This will expand your search to over 40 other BC libraries.
- After placing a hold, your selection is shipped to Smithers and we will contact you as soon as it is ready for pickup.
- If you still need to expand your search, Outlook Online gives you access to Interlibrary loans at even more BC libraries, including some college & university libraries. Fill in the request form & we will advise you when your request is ready to pick up.
- Finally, library staff can place holds for you and help find illusive materials. Ask to speak with Interlibrary loan staff.
Points to remember:
- Search BC ILC Connect before requesting an Interlibrary loan.
- Limit of 3 Interlibrary loans at one time.
- Some academic libraries charge for Interlibrary loans.
- Not all libraries loan DVDs or audiobooks.
- New titles (published within 1 year) are not available through Interlibrary loan.
Please contact the library if you have any questions.