If you didn’t find the item you’re looking for through our catalogue, first try expanding your search.
- Access the drop-down menu next to Library, scroll to the top of the list, and change Smithers to BC Interlibrary Connect. This will expand your search to over 40 other BC libraries.
- After placing a hold, your selection is shipped to Smithers and we will contact you as soon as it is ready for pickup.
- If you still need to expand your search, Illume gives you access to interlibrary loans at even more BC libraries, including some college and university libraries. Fill in the request form and we will contact you when your request is ready for pickup.
- Finally, library staff can place holds for you and help find elusive materials. Ask to speak with an interlibrary loan staff member.
Points to remember:
- Search BC Interlibrary Connect (ILC) before requesting an item from Illume
- Limit your Illume requests to 3 interlibrary loans at one time
- Some academic libraries charge for interlibrary loans
- Not all libraries loan DVDs, CDs, or audiobooks
- New titles (published within the past year) are not available through interlibrary loan
Please contact us at 250-847-3043 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.