Book Clubs can borrow a set of 5 or 10 copies of recent titles for their groups. The sets are refreshed yearly so titles are kept current. The sets are shared by a group of libraries and are held at Hudson Hope Public Library. Talk to our Interlibrary loan staff to reserve a set for your group.
We recommend reserving sets well ahead of the date(s) needed to ensure your choice is available. You should also have an alternative title in case your first choice is not available.
Book Lovers’ Night Out consists of a fun, low-cost evening built around a love of books, discussion, and companionship. We meet monthly from September to June at the Aspen Riverhouse Lounge in Smithers.
See what we are reading this month and check the schedule at: Book Lovers Night Out (event page)
This program is coordinated by Smithers Public Library and sponsored by the Wetzin’kwa Community Forest Corporation.
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList [library card needed]: Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads: Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca: Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
- BookTalk.org: An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club: Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
- BookBrowse.com: Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat! A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.