Friends of the Smithers Library
The library is an important asset to our community, and the Friends of the Smithers Library play an important role assisting the Library to fulfill its mission and goals.
Some highlights of our recent activities:
The hugely popular Book Sale raises an average of $3,500 to $5,000 per event.
The Friends help to publicize and champion the library through activities such as booths at both the Northwest Trade Expo and the Bulkley Valley Exhibition.
In 2015, the Friends brought in over $20,000 in grants and fundraising for the library.
The Friends have been instrumental in raising funds for:
- Technology Kits
- 3D Scanner
- Programs & Events
- New Library Sign
- Audio Visual System: Projector, screen, and mobile sound system for presentations, events, and movie screenings
- Books for BC Babies: Newborns receive a book bag including a board book, music CD, and useful information for parents
- Teen Programming: We love our Volunteens!
- Centennial History Project: We updated and expanded the local history collection
- DVD Collection: The DVD collection received a huge boost
- Children’s Programs: Funding for snacks (in person programs) and targeted collection development
New members are always welcome! For more information about how to join the Friends of the Smithers Library, contact us at email@example.com or call 250-847-3043.
|Friends of the Library Board|
|Director-at-Large||Robi (Roberta) McKnight|