Looking for books, movies, magazines, music, books-on-CD, and more?
Search our library catalogue.
- Always check the Smithers Public Library collection first.
- If you don’t find what you want, use the drop-down menu next to Library and scroll to the top of the list to ‘BC Interlibrary Connect‘. This will expand your search to over 40 BC libraries.
- After placing a hold, your selection is shipped to Smithers and we will contact you when it is ready for pickup.
If you still need to expand your search, Illume gives you access to interlibrary loans at even more BC libraries, including some college & university libraries.
- Fill in the request form on the Illume page and we will advise you when your request is ready for pickup.
Library staff can also place holds and interlibrary loans for you, as well as help to find rare or elusive materials.
For your digital reading and viewing pleasure:
|IndieFlix: Enjoy over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and web series from 85 countries.|
|Download eBooks and eAudiobooks from Library2Go. If you are new to eBooks, read more HERE.|
|Digital talking books for people with print disabilities are available from NNELS. This library is participating! Log in with your library card.|
*Please note that these collections are hosted on third party websites with their own privacy policies.
|Log into NoveList (with your library card #), enter a title or author, and view resulting recommended books. You can also browse lists by genre or subject.|
|GoodReads: Suggestions, Reviews, Lists|
|CBC Books: Suggestions, Lists, Reviews, Podcasts, Interviews|
|Globe and Mail: Book Reviews, Book News, and Award Winners|
|New York Times: Book Reviews & Lists|
|Bulkley Valley History Bibliography|
- You can find articles from journals, magazines, newspapers, and encyclopedias by logging into our recommended databases and websites.
- Log in to see items you’ve checked out, renew materials and to place holds on items.
- If we don’t have an item, make a purchase suggestion using our online contact form.