Library services during COVID-19
UPDATE: Masks are required in public indoor settings for all people born in 2016 or earlier (5+). For more information about the current province-wide restrictions, please click here. The library and its services remain available to all community members.
We will continue to monitor health and safety guidelines and adjust our policies and services accordingly.
Please come in and browse the shelves! For those who continue to find it useful, we will continue to offer our Library Takeout pickup service.
Our book drop is open 24/7 for your convenience.
Public Access Computers
At present, we have 4 public access computers available for 60-minute sessions, and 1 express computer available for 30 minutes. Library users are welcome to use their own laptops and devices in the library as well.
Printing, photocopying, scanning and fax services are all available. Ask a staff member if you need assistance. For information about our rates, click here.
Library Programs and Events
Some in-person programs and events have resumed:
- Babytime, Toddlertime, and Storytime are set to start up again in person.
- LEGO Time (unsupervised) is on every Thursday from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. in the children’s area.
- Book Lovers’ Night Out will continue with monthly meetings (September to June) at a local restaurant/pub as health and safety guidelines permit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Check our event calendar or Facebook page for information about upcoming library programs and events for children and adults.
COMPUTER TUTORING & TECH SUPPORT
Computer Tutoring: In-person tutoring sessions are available on Tuesdays from 2:30-4:30 and Saturdays from 11:30-2:30. Drop by the library or call 250-847-3043 to make an appointment.
WiFi continues to be available outside the library building 24/7, which you are welcome to use anytime. Connect to SPL Wireless when you are in range (there is no password). We have recently boosted our signal, so access should now extend further beyond the building. Outdoor electrical outlets are available for public use in the library courtyard.
Have a question? Call 250-847-3043 during open hours or email email@example.com for assistance. We can help you access the library catalogue, digital resources and eBooks and eAudiobooks, as well as connect you with community resources and services.
HEALTH & SAFETY @ YOUR LIBRARY
The health and safety of library staff and community members is our top priority.
What we’re doing for staff and visitor safety:
- Providing hand sanitizer and disposable masks at the library entrance
- Engaging in careful physical contact
- Enhancing cleaning procedures, including regularly sanitizing high touch areas
- Using Plexiglass barriers at service desks
What you can do:
- Disinfect or wash your hands upon entering the library
- Follow the current provincial mask guidelines
- Follow signage and directions from staff
- Stay home if you or any member of your household is feeling sick
We appreciate your cooperation to help keep our community healthy.