Book Sets for Book Clubs
Community members can borrow Book Club Sets consisting of 5 or 10 copies of recent titles. The sets are refreshed yearly so titles are kept current and shared by a group of provincial libraries. Talk to our interlibrary loan staff to reserve a set for your group.
Check out the current Book Club Set titles:
We recommend reserving sets well ahead of the date(s) needed to ensure your choice is available. You should also have an alternative title in case your first choice is not available.
Book Lovers’ Night Out consists of a fun, low-cost evening built around a love of books, discussion, and companionship. We meet monthly from September to June at a local restaurant.
See what we are reading this month and check the schedule at: Book Lovers Night Out (event page)
This program is coordinated by Smithers Public Library and sponsored by the Wetzin’kwa Community Forest Corporation.
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList [library card needed]: Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads: Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookBrowse: Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides and more.
- BookTalk: An online book discussion community that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club: Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
- Reese’s Book Club: Each month, Reese Witherspoon chooses a book with a woman at the center of the story. Introduce yourself to new voices, authors and perspectives.
- Mostly, we eat! A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.