If you cannot find the item you want you want in our catalogue, it may be available from another BC library.
First look in our expanded Interlibrary Connect (ILC) catalogue. Scroll to the top of the drop-down menu next to ‘Library’ and choose ‘BC Interlibrary Connect’ to search over 40 BC libraries. Log into your account to place a hold. The item will be shipped to Smithers Public Library and you will be notified when it is ready to pick up.
If you still haven’t found your selection, request an Interlibrary Loan through Outlook Online. It will be delivered to Smithers Public Library for pickup.
Search Outlook Online and request up to 3 items at one time yourself or library staff can find and submit a request for you.
Please remember to check our catalogue before requesting an Interlibrary Loan. Scroll to the top of the pull-down menu next to ‘Library‘ and change Smithers Public Library to “BC Interlibrary Connect“.
- Please remember that newly published items cannot be requested on Interlibrary Loan. Look to see that your request was published at yeast one year ago.
- Please limit requests to 3 items at one time.
Contact the library if you have any questions.
Not a ‘do-it-yourselfer’?
- Library staff are always happy to find books for you or to assist with search tips.
Search for Materials Across BC
- Enter your search terms in the available boxes.
- You can change the drop-down menus to search by the appropriate field (e.g. title, author, ISBN, etc.)
- Click Search.
- A list of items across BC will be displayed. Click on a title for more detailed information (opens a new window).